Strong Viking (hereinafter also ‘we’ or ‘us’) respects the privacy of all of its website users and ensures that the personal information you provide to us will be handled in confidence. We use your data to have your order(s) processed as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- Identity of the organisation
The organisation responsible for the processing of your personal data is:
Strong Viking B.V
Website: Strongviking.com / obstaclerunshop.com
Chamber of Commerce number: 57045275
- Manner of personal data collection
- If you place an order, we require your name, email address, delivery address, details relating to your order and payment details to carry out your order and to keep you updated on progress. We can also use these data (anonymously) for internal analyses and reports.
- To make the shopping experience at obstaclerunshop.com as smooth as possible, we store your personal data and the data relating to your order and the use of your services. This allows us to personalize the website and improve it for your benefit.
- We also use your email address to inform you about the development of the website and to keep you informed of special offers and promotions. If you no longer wish to receive these, you can unsubscribe via our website.
- If you place an order with obstaclerunshop.com, you can create an account for storing your name and address, telephone number, email address, delivery and payment details. This is for ease of use as you don’t have to enter these details again for each new order.
- Data about the use of our website and the feedback we receive from our visitors help us to develop and improve our website.
- In the context of our online service provision we can process the following personal data: initials, first name, surname, company name, email address, telephone number, content of online communication, IP address, browser details, duration of your website visits and clicking behaviour on the website.
Processing of personal data
2.1 Email address
In the context of an agreement entered into, we can make you offers for similar products and services provided you have not objected to this when submitting your email address. The option to indicate your objection is stated at the time you provide your information. During every communication you are also offered the opportunity to object, under the same conditions, to any further use of your email address.
When collecting your email address for purposes other than in the context of an agreement entered into, this will not be used for transferring unsolicited communication if you have not granted permission for this.
2.2 Postal address
We use your postal address (received in the context of a sale) to send you the order.
2.3 Telephone number
We do not use your telephone number for commercial purposes. The telephone number can be used for questions about a placed order.
- Principles for processing
We process your personal data to be able to perform the agreement with you or to comply with statutory obligations, such as tax obligations for example. It may be the case, during your participation in one of our runs for example, that we are obliged to process your data if this is necessary to protect your vital interest or the vital interests of others.
We also process your personal data because we have a legitimate business interest to do so. These legitimate interests include:
- Being able to deliver your order and render our (online) services as properly and efficiently as possible;
- Our financial interests;
- The improvement of our services;
- The protection and management of our systems and reputation;
- Sending of newsletters, blog updates and other information about our services;
- Organisation of events;
- Keeping in contact;
- Responding to questions, comments or complaints;
- Analysing and optimising website use by means of cookies;
- Marketing, PR and customer relationship management;
- Protecting systems;
- Complying with laws and regulations.
If personal data are processed on the basis of permission, this will be separately requested. You may withdraw your permission at any time but the data which have been processed until the moment of withdrawal will remain lawfully processed.
- Selling on data
We will not sell your personal data to third parties.
We may make use of services from third parties for the processing referred to above. This could include IT-suppliers of this website, the webshop and our systems. We also engage postal services to deliver your orders. Our employees and the third parties engaged by us are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data.
Your personal data may also be provided to third parties such as government bodies because we have to comply with a statutory obligation.
- Passing on personal data outside the EU
We can provide your data to countries outside the EU, such as the United States. Your data are stored within the EU.
Your data can be stored by third parties outside the EU if you contact us or leave a message via our social media pages such as Facebook or Instagram. Facebook is “EU-US Privacy Shield” certified so that it must keep to European legislation.
6. Safety of your data
We have taken suitable security measures to protect your personal data and combat loss or unlawful processing (such as attacks) and prevent them as best as possible. The measures we have taken include in any event:
- Storage of data
We store and use data for no longer than is necessary. After that we remove all the data we have on you. We may also use your data anonymously because we need particular data for internal analyses and reports such as the value of your order.
- We retain administration records with invoice, payment and order details for seven years as a result of the fiscal retention duty.
- If you have subscribed for the newsletter or have given permission to receive personalised messages then we will retain this permission. Even if you decide that you no longer wish to receive the newsletter or personalized messages, we retain the withdrawal of your request.
- Access to your data and your other rights
You can submit a request to inspect your personal data which are processed by us. If your data are incorrect, you can request to have your data corrected, supplemented or removed.
You can also request us to transfer your personal data which we digitally process. In addition, you have the right to object to our personal data processing on the basis of special personal circumstances.
You can send a request relating to the processing of your personal data by email to [email protected]
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data by us, please do not hesitate to notify us. Should we be unable to find a resolution together, you have the right to submit a complaint to the privacy supervisory body, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority to this end.
We can combine your personal data with the data about your order and your use of our services to personalise the website and improve it for your benefit, with targeted advertisements for example.
If you have any questions about the privacy statement of obstaclerunshop.com, please contact us. Our customer service will then help you if you would like information about the use of your data or if you want to change your data.
This privacy statement has been prepared with the utmost possible care. Should you nevertheless see reason for an addition, we would be happy to hear from you via [email protected] or via the contact form on our website.
- Changing of privacy statement
This privacy statement was last amended on [08-08-2019].
We can amend this privacy statement. New versions are always published on the website.